Monday, 30 October 2017

D1- Legal and Ethical Issues

Legal and ethical constraints 

Legal constraints 
Slander
I must make sure that if I refer to any competitors that I don’t use their name and don’t mention their quality compared to College@Deyes, comparing any competitors to College@Deyes and suggesting they are worse is slander. The ASA stated these rules but also mentioned that replacement words may be used such as the word competitors if I did want to use another local sixth form as a comparison

Keeping the campaign truthful
When creating my adverts, I must ensure that I do not make up any results or other information such as quotes given by Ofcom or any other person of power in College@Deyes. According to ASA rules and regulations if I do lie about any information within my adverts I will be asked to change the ad or remove it. Avoiding this is important as if the ASA did have to step in to deal with the advert for false advertising, College@Deyes would gain a bad reputation for lying and hiding the truth.

Filming 
When filming I must make sure that I have the permission of all personnel as being filmed without permission is against the law when making a YouTube ad considering all the filming will be done within the school if anyone appears in the background I must have their permission and let them know where this advert will be published, as some people may not appreciate being in a YouTube video that they did not know when they were being recorded. As well as this I must make sure that I have permission to film in and around the school, for this I must get permission from head of College@Deyes Mr Delaney. Also If I use any footage that is not mine I must make sure I credit the original creator as well as having their permission. This is part of the copyright and patents act of 1998.

Copywright
With all the filming being in school the only real copyright threat I face is not getting permission to use the College@Deyes logo, the point of this campaign is to raise brand awareness and the logo will be used in all adverts to do this, so I must have permission from Mr Delaney, head of College@Deyes to use the logo

Ethical issues 
It is unethical to use other facilities from other places to represent College@Deyes, as a student may turn up expecting these facilities and be disappointed to find that it was not a real representation of what College@Deyes has to offer, this also applies for students, I cannot guarantee everyone is friendly as this would be misleading as it is something no one can guarantee. So I must ensure that all information is accurate and truthful as well as up to date

It is also considered unethical to only show certain results as it would not reflect College@Deyes’ actual ability level, any Sixth form could just show the best results they have achieved but this would not be information that is useful to someone looking for their perfect Sixth form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

P2- Proposal

For my advertising campaign I intend on creating two media components, a print based graphic, and an audio advert to attempt to enrol the cu...